Terraforming, terraformation, or xenoforming was the process of changing a previously uninhabitable planet or moon into a habitable one for a certain number of species. During the rule of the Infinite Empire, the Rakata became the first known culture to develop terraforming machinery and technology, and used it upon planets such as Kashyyyk. At an unknown point prior to the New Republic's creation, the desert planet of Bar Neth was terraformed from an inhabitable desert.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War of the galaxy from 25–30 ABY, the extragalactic Yuuzhan Vong terraformed many subject worlds to better suit them. The Yuuzhan Vong phrase was known as worldshaping, but others referred to it as Vongforming or Vongformation which was performed by Yuuzhan Vong called shapers. Coruscant, Duro, and Ossus were examples of terraformed planets. Even a century later, reconstruction of many Vongformed planets still wasn't completed, partially due to sabotage.
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Two
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Lords of the Expanse
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Legacy 0
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (As "Vongforming")
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Suns of Fortune
- Lords of Nal Hutta
- Strongholds of Resistance