- "Bounty hunter = Terrin Sandafar // Terrin = born on Alderaan // Terrin = served in Republic army"
Terrin Sandafar was a female native of the planet Alderaan who originally served in the Republic Military for one year before becoming a bounty hunter. During the Great Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire, Sandafar was hired by the husband of Senator Verre Sydia to kill the Alderaanian noble Eckhorn Baliss in 3663 BBY when the Senator's husband—an Imperial spy—learned that his fellow spy Baliss had a list of Imperial traitors in the Republic.
In 3653 BBY, when Sydia's husband discovered that the former slaver Shafu—an informant for the now-deceased Jedi Master Ven Zallow—was investigating Baliss, he had Sandafar kill the Rodian in the same way by detonating his ship above the moon of Nar Shaddaa. Sandafar was killed not long afterward by her employer in a rigged explosion on her starship. The Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython and Shafu's former partner, the astromech droid T7-O1, uncovered Sandafar's involvement a decade later, and traced her payments back to the Senator's husband.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Terrin Sandafar is mentioned in several optional conversations with the Jedi Knight companion T7-O1 in the video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. She was first mentioned, albeit indirectly, on T7-O1's page in the Biographies section of the game's official site, which featured an Aurebesh sentence that translated as "The Exploding Starships Conspiracy".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Terrin Sandafar"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. Adding ten and twenty years to the date 3643 means that Baliss died in 3663 BBY, and Shafu in 3653 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "The Truth Comes Out"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Eckhorn's List"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Slaver's Redemtption"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Conversation with T7-O1: "Shafu's Report"