A terrorist was an individual who engaged in terrorism, use of violent acts as a means of intimidation or coercion, usually to achieve a political end. During the Onderonian Civil War, the Onderon rebels were accused of being terrorists by the leaders of Onderon, who were backed by the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Saw Gerrera, one of the leading members of the rebellion, instead said he was a patriot and that resisting oppression was not terrorism.
Over time, as he led a Rebel cell against the Galactic Empire, Saw's tactics grew more extreme. At one point, Idryssa Barruck suggested that attacking Imperial parades with Senators present would be seen as embracing terrorism, to which Saw replied that he thought they should do so. Years later, Gerrera's tactics were still referred to as terrorism by some.
Many personnel of the Galactic Empire considered all members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic terrorists. In the waning days of the Galactic Civil War, many Imperials considered the nascent New Republic to consist of and/or support terrorists.
Many groups considered to be terrorist organizations utilized guerrilla warfare tactics, in which small units took on much larger forces with sabotage, ambushes, and other means of causing large amounts of damage. Groups who used guerrilla tactics and were considered terrorists included the Clone Wars-era Onderon Rebels, the Partisans, and the Rebel Alliance.
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Databank A-Z: Kwazel Maw–Sly Moore)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 44 (Highlights of the Saga: Striking at the New Republic)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 47 (Highlights of the Saga: Leaving Lothal)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- "The Imperial Troops" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "A Certain Point of View"—Star Wars Insider 202