Testosterone was something strongly associated with behaviors exhibited by males, including Human men. This correlation was directly related to actions that were lustful, aggressive, or boastful.
Behind the scenesEdit
Testosterone was first mentioned in a short story written by Barbara Hambly that was featured in a collection called Tales from Jabba's Palace, Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef. It has since been referenced in novels written by Karen Traviss and Alan Dean Foster, as well as some of Wizards of the Coast's Living Force supplements.
In real life, testosterone is a hormone that men and, to a significantly lesser extent, women produce in their endocrine systems. In men, it increases muscle, maintains energy, fuels a sexual drive, and increases aggression, so it has come to be associated with behaviors related to these developments and males in general.
- The Approaching Storm (Mentioned only)
- The Dark Side Beckons (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero (Mentioned only)
- A Hero Seeks Not Vengeance (Mentioned only)
- Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef (First mentioned)
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Testosterone on Wikipedia