Teta was a human male duke who was present outside the Galaxies Opera House in the Uscru District of the planet Coruscant in the year 19 BBY during a performance of the opera Squid Lake. He was walking alongside Duchess Koyi Mateil up the opera house's steps behind the alien Opula Deget and the human Ulfor Bombaasa when the Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker ran past them on his way to meet with Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine. Teta had fair skin and brown eyes. He wore a teal and mustard colored opera coat and headpiece while on Coruscant.
Behind the scenes
Teta first appeared in the 2005 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The opera steps scene was filmed on R Stage at Shepperton Studios as part of additional photography on Monday, August 23, 2004.
In the new Star Wars canon, the character was first named in the 2017 reference book Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia. The character's name originated in the Star Wars Legends continuity, where it was first used in the 2005 reference book Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars, which was written by Trisha Biggar.
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 16 (Weapons & Uniforms: Citizens of Coruscant) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia (First identified as Teta)
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- "Coruscant" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which includes Teta's appearance, to 19 BBY.
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
- Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars