- "Teth? That's Wild Space. The droid army isn't even in that sector."
- ―Anakin Skywalker
Teth was a jungle planet located in Wild Space. At some point, the world was inhabited by the B'omarr Order. However, by the time of the Clone Wars, their castles were abandoned, though some would be converted by the Hutts into formidable strongholds. Some distance from the B'omarr monastries and the Tomb of Ziro the Hutt's father, an area of mysterious rock formations could be found on the surface of Teth.
History[edit | edit source]
Mission to Teth[edit | edit source]
In approximately 40 BBY, the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi were sent on a mission to Teth to investigate the possible involvement of the Hutts in the disappearance of agricultural shipments on the Triellus Trade Route. The mission proved problematic due to the poor teamwork between Jinn and Kenobi, resulting in Kenobi's capture as a hostage. Ultimately, however, Jinn was successful in scaring the Hutts away from making further attacks on the shipments, at least for the time being.
The Clone Wars[edit | edit source]
During the Clone Wars, Separatist leader Count Dooku's assassin, Asajj Ventress, brought Jabba the Hutt's infant son Rotta to the abandoned B'omarr monastery after she kidnapped him from Tatooine. Several bounty hunters and two ARF troopers, one of whom was a lieutenant, followed her to the monastery. The bounty hunters were killed and their severed heads sent back to Jabba, but the two ARF troopers were able to report back to Galactic Republic forces about the whereabouts of the kidnapped child and leave unnoticed.
Jedi General Anakin Skywalker, his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, and Torrent Company then led a mission to rescue the Huttlet from the battle droid battalion that guarded the monastery. However, Ventress then arrived with more reinforcements and trapped the Jedi and Clones in the monastery. Skywalker, Tano and R2-D2 eventually escaped aboard the freighter Twilight and returned Rotta to his father on Tatooine.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Teth first appeared in the 2008 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film. The film establishes that Teth is located in Wild Space, but the 2015 reference book Ultimate Star Wars incorrectly placed the planet in the Outer Rim Territories.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Master & Apprentice
- Master & Apprentice audiobook
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars 35 (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars 35
- Master & Apprentice
- The scenario described takes place in Master & Apprentice, in which Obi-Wan Kenobi is seventeen years old. The app states that Kenobi was born in 57 BBY. Therefore, it can be deduced that the story takes place in either 39 BBY or 40 BBY.