- "You want some spice, old man? I got Kessel pure, glitterstim, and Felucian. What do you need?"
- ―Tetha Grig offers Obi-Wan Kenobi spice
Tetha Grig was a female spice dealer who worked on the planet Daiyu. In 9 BBY, she approached the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and offered to sell him spice, but Kenobi instead requested information. He claimed to have lost his daughter and was hoping for a lead, but instead Grig told him that he would never find her and gave the Jedi a free portion of spice so that he could start forgetting about his lost child.
- "How about some information? I'm looking for my daughter. She was taken, and she's on this planet."
"Well, if she's here you're never gonna see her again. Nobody leaves this place. I was someone's daughter once, too."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi and Tetha Grig
Tetha Grig worked as a spice dealer on the planet Daiyu during the reign of the Galactic Empire. In 9 BBY, she was working on a crowded city street when she approached Obi-Wan Kenobi, a Jedi-in-hiding who had come to the world to rescue the kidnapped Princess Leia Organa.
Grig offered to sell Kenobi spice, but he instead asked for information, pretending that Organa was his daughter. Grig told Kenobi that if his daughter was on Daiyu then he would never find her. She then placed a container of Kessel pure spice from her satchel into the Jedi's pocket, explaining that it was free and that if he used a few more portions of spice he would soon be able to forget about his daughter all together. Grig then moved away from Kenobi back into the nearby crowds.
Personality and traits
- "Here. That one's free. Couple more of those and you'll forget she ever existed."
- ―Tetha Grig gives Obi-Wan Kenobi free spice
Tetha Grig was young when she met Kenobi, and considered him to be old. Rather than trying to help him find his "daughter," she advised that he give up, as she believed no one ever left Daiyu, claiming that she had once been someone's daughter herself. She did, however, give him a free portion of spice to try and help him forget about his lost child. Grig had light skin, green eyes, and pink hair that she wore in a shag cut. She had a series of ribbed protrusions running down both sides of her face.
Grig wore a black shirt with a loose-knit pink cardigan over it and a necklace. She also wore a white scarf and yellow pants. Her ears had multiple piercings and she wore several rings on her fingers. She carried her spice in a satchel and had Kessel pure, glitterstim, and Felucian available when she met Kenobi.
Behind the scenes
Tetha Grig appeared in the second episode of the Obi-Wan Kenobi television series, which aired on May 27, 2022. She was portrayed by Esther-Rose McGregor, the daughter of Ewan McGregor, who portrayed Kenobi in the series. Grig's name was not spoken during the episode but was listed in the credits.
Notes and references
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part II"
- "Part I" states that the events of the Obi-Wan Kenobi television series take place ten years after Order 66, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, the events of "Part II" of Obi-Wan Kenobi must be set in 9 BBY.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part II" (audio description)