- "You are Tyro Vestara Khai, daughter of Gavar, son of Thallis."
- ―Darish Vol, to Vestara Khai
Thallis Khai was a male Human born on the remote Wild Space world of Kesh in the years before the Galactic Civil War. A member of the planet's Lost Tribe of Sith, Khai was the father of Sith Saber Gavar Khai and the grandfather of Sith apprentice Vestara Khai.
Thallis Khai was a male Human born in the time before the Galactic Civil War. A native of the remote Wild Space planet Kesh, he was a member of the Lost Tribe of Sith—descendants of a group of Sith who had crash-landed on the planet in 5000 BBY after being ambushed and knocked off-course during a hyperspace jump in their warship, the Omen.
Around the time of the Galactic Civil War, Khai fathered a Force-sensitive son named Gavar. Gavar trained with the Tribe in the ways of the dark side of the Force, earned the rank of Sith Saber, and married a non–Force-sensitive woman, Lahka Khai, with whom he had one daughter, Vestara, in 27.5 ABY, making Thallis Khai a grandfather. In 41.5 ABY, during the Second Galactic Civil War, Vestara was brought before the Tribe's ruling council, the Circle of Lords, after her encounter with the Sith Meditation Sphere Ship. The Tribe's Grand Lord, Darish Vol, greeted her as the daughter of Gavar Khai and granddaughter of Thallis Khai.
Behind the scenesEdit
Thallis Khai was first mentioned in author Christie Golden's debut Star Wars novel, Fate of the Jedi: Omen, the second of nine novels in the Fate of the Jedi series, released on June 23, 2009. In the novel, Khai was mentioned only as the father of Gavar Khai, leaving his Force-sensitivity in question.
- Fate of the Jedi: Omen (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Fate of the Jedi: Omen
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In Omen, Darish Vol named Gavar as Vestara Khai's father, and then named Gavar's parent as Thallis; the logical conclusion is that Vol was referring to Gavar's father, and not mother, as when naming family members in that manner, one typically follows the male line.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 In Fate of the Jedi: Allies, which takes place in 44 ABY, Gavar Khai, Thallis Khai's son, is stated to appear to be in his early forties, slating his birth approximately around the time of the Galactic Civil War, which lasted from 2 BBY–19 ABY; Thallis Khai thus must have been born several years previously, prior to the start of the war.
- ↑ Lost Tribe of the Sith: Precipice