- "Does yours do that?"
- ―Ezra Bridger, to Kanan Jarrus
The weapon featured a ringed emitter which could partially detach from the cylindrical handgrip in the center, allowing the twin blades to rotate rapidly without effort from the wielder. For a Jedi hunter like the Inquisitor, this function likely served as a way to intimidate, or frighten opponents, as well as deflect any form of direct attack. On some occasion this function is known to catch opponents off balance. However, this was also the weapon's primary weakness, as a lightsaber-wielding opponent could simply permanently separate the emitter itself and sever the weapon in half, as was demonstrated by Lord Vader during his first duel with the Inquisitor and Kanan Jarrus during his final duel with the Inquisitor aboard the Sovereign. This is due to the hilt consisting of non-lightsaber resistant alloy or metal.
The handgrip could be removed entirely from the ring-shaped emitter, allowing the Force-imbued circlet of metal to be used as a throwing disc.
The Grand Inquisitor wielded his lightsaber in several battles against Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger. It was also used to execute Imperial officers Cumberlayne Aresko and Myles Grint both at once on Moff Tarkin's orders, after their repeated incompetence in capturing the rebels. In a final battle against the Inquisitor, after his rescue, Jarrus split the Inquisitor's weapon in two, causing the pieces to fall down a shaft. The two halves were then destroyed in an explosion when they fell into the Sovereign's reactor, followed shortly by the Inquisitor himself.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype)
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as the Inquisitor's lightsaber)
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars Rebels: A New Hero
- Star Wars Rebels: Beware the Inquisitor!
- "Cowboy Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 152 (Picture only)
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- (First identified as the Grand Inquisitor's lightsaber)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars states that kyber crystals form the heart of a lightsaber.
- ↑ http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=104334
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 6: The Chosen One, Part VI
- ↑ Character Key: Inquisitor. ACME Archives Direct website. Retrieved on March 2, 2016.
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- ↑ SDCC 2014: STAR WARS REBELS Panel. Newsarama (2014-07-24). Retrieved on July 25, 2014.