The High Republic: The Fallen Star is an upcoming canon novel written by Claudia Gray as part of the multimedia project Star Wars: The High Republic. It is scheduled to be published by Del Rey on January 4, 2022.
Time and again, the vicious raiders known as the Nihil have sought to bring the golden age of the High Republic to a fiery end. Time and again, the High Republic has emerged battered and weary, but victorious thank to its Jedi protectors—and there is no monument to their cause grander than the Starlight Beacon.
Hanging like a jewel in the Outer Rim, the Beacon embodies the High Republic at the apex of its aspirations: a hub of culture and knowledge, a bright torch against the darkness of the unknown, and an extended hand of welcome to the furthest reaches of the galaxy. As survivors and refugees flee the Nihil's attacks, the Beacon and its crew stand ready to shelter and heal.
The grateful Knights and Padawans of the Jedi Order stationed there finally have a chance to recover—from the pain of their injuries and the grief of their losses. But the storm they thought had passed still rages; they are simply caught in its eye. Marchion Ro, the true mastermind of the Nihil, is preparing his most daring attack yet—one designed to snuff out the light of the Jedi.
- ISBN 9780593355398; January 4, 2022; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9780593497791; January 4, 2022; Del Rey; US hardcover, Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition
- ISBN 9780593355404; January 4, 2022; Del Rey; eBook
- ISBN 9780593499122; January 4, 2022; Del Rey; US paperback, export edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and references
- The Star Wars Book dates the launch of the Starlight Beacon to 232 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 232 BBY in the calendar system used by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. As The High Republic: Light of the Jedi depicts the Beacon's launch, the novel's events must take place around that year. The novel The High Republic: The Rising Storm takes place almost a year after the events of Light of the Jedi, so the events of The Rising Storm must take place around 231 BBY. The High Republic: The Fallen Star takes place after The Rising Storm. Therefore, it must take place during or after 231 BBY.
- (export edition)