The High Republic Free Digital Sampler is a sampler that contains excerpts from media in the Star Wars: The High Republic publishing initiative. It was released as a digital eBook on December 12, 2020.
Read the first chapters of the Star Wars: The High Republic launch titles: Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule, Into the Dark by Claudia Gray, A Test of Courage by Justina Ireland, as well as excerpts from the first comic book issues from Marvel and IDW.
- The excerpt of Light of the Jedi names the Legacy Run's owner as the Byrne Guild. However, the excerpt of Into the Dark names the same organization as the "Byne" Guild, and its leader as Scover Byne. Ultimately, the final release of Light of the Jedi confirmed the "Byne" spelling as the correct one.
- The excerpt of The High Republic 1 states that the Starlight Beacon is located in a region called the Starless Expanse. This was removed from the final published comic.
- The excerpt of The High Republic Adventures 1 refers to the Trymant system as the "Trymantian" system, and has Taris as one of the worlds highlighted on an included galaxy map. The final comic only uses "Trymant system", and the map has other worlds marked instead, including Yavin.
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (excerpt by Charles Soule)
- The High Republic: Into the Dark (excerpt by Claudia Gray)
- The High Republic: A Test of Courage (excerpt by Justina Ireland)
- The High Republic Adventures 1 (excerpt)
- The High Republic 1 (excerpt)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The High Republic, which includes the events of this story, take place about 200 years before the events of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Phantom Menace to 32 BBY, the events of this story must take place around 232 BBY. states that the stories of
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- The High Republic 1
- The High Republic Adventures 1