This TIE Advanced was equipped with a cockpit access hatch, targeting sensors and solar collectors. Its special folding wings allowed it greater speed than the 1,200 kph of a standard TIE fighter. It boasted an armament of two laser cannons and could carry up to 20 missile shells. Unlike the production version of the v1, the Inquisitor's personal ship also had life support in the cockpit, allowing it to be flown without a flight suit if desired. Unlike most other TIE models, the v1 was outfitted with a hyperdrive and basic shields.
On the Empire Day celebration on Lothal five years before the Battle of Yavin, the Inquisitor used it to pursue rogue Jedi Padawan Kanan Jarrus and the Spectres after a "terrorist attack" in Capital City. Later, following the Inquisitor's death aboard the Sovereign, Jarrus and Ezra Bridger stole it to escape the exploding Star Destroyer and rejoin with their own transport.
Behind the scenesEdit
In 2014, Hasbro made a toy of the Inquisitor's TIE advanced prototype as part of their Saga legends/Rebels line. There are 2 variants, one with green missiles and one with red.
Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head gives the length of a TIE Advanced v1 as 3.57 meters, but Star Wars Rebels: Beware the Inquisitor! states that the Inquisitor's TIE measures 9.2 meters in length. This article assumes the former source correct.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels (First identified as The Inquisitor's TIE Advanced)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars Rebels: Beware the Inquisitor!
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars Rebels (Set: 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype)
- "Star Wars Rebels Recounted"—Star Wars Insider 156 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Inquisitor's TIE Expansion Pack
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Indirect mention only)