- "This is a trivia book about those two films, with questions ranging from the obvious to the obscure."
- ―Foreword excerpt
The Jedi Master's Quizbook is a Star Wars Legends reference book written by Rusty Miller. It contains 425 trivia questions about Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, and other sources. The book was published on October 12, 1982 by Del Rey.
Test a friend…
Test a Wookiee…
- Who was Red Six in the battle of the Death Star?
- What was Threepio's first job?
- How many horns does a Tauntaun have?
- Where did Luke and Han first meet?
Stumped already? And these are only a sample of the easier questions. There are many more puzzlers inside to provide hours of enjoyment and entertainment for you and your friends.
- "Well, the summer of 1981, out of boredom, more or less, I began writing trivia questions about A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. The number of questions mushroomed and I started to think 'Hey, this could be something.' My mom and I drafted a letter of inquiry to Del Rey Books. Several weeks later they requested a copy of the manuscript."
- ―Matt Miller, on the book's conception
The Jedi Master's Quizbook was written by Matt Miller, credited as Rusty Miller, who was an eleven-year-old student at the time. The book contains 425 trivia questions primarily drawn from the films Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. Other questions were supplemented by Lucasfilm editors, and they draw from sources such as The Star Wars Sketchbook, The Star Wars Album, The Wookiee Storybook, Once Upon a Galaxy: A Journal of the Making of The Empire Strikes Back, the fan-club newsletter Bantha Tracks, and many others.
The book was published by Del Rey on October 12, 1982. Two bindings were printed for the first edition: one with a black cover and suggested retail price of US$2.50, and one with a blue cover and suggested retail price of US$1.95. Both printings feature cover art by Ralph McQuarrie.
- "I actually never really got any feedback regarding those and was told that Lucasfilm had researched all the questions and answers for correctness. Besides, based on a 425 question quiz book, that constitutes a .004% error rate, not too bad for an 11 year-old."
- ―Matt Miller, regarding the book's erroneous answers
Two of the questions in the book, 37 and 329, have incorrect answers listed. Question 37 ("How many engines did Princess Leia's ship, the Blockade Runner, have?") gives the answer "nine," rather than eleven, and question 329 ("What creature did Ben fend off from Luke in the cantina?") gives the answer "Snaggletooth," instead of Ponda Baba.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
- Star Wars Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle, Updated Edition
- Star Wars Year By Year: A Visual History, Updated and Expanded Edition