- "Stories. I nearly died fighting that bounty hunter on Tatooine, and all for what? All Ben left me was a book of stories. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this. I don't see where this book tells me anything about fighting with a lightsaber or using the Force."
- ―Luke Skywalker
"The Journals of Ben Kenobi" were a set of journals written by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi during his exile on the desert world of Tatooine. After Kenobi's mortal death, Luke Skywalker visited Kenobi's home on Tatooine and discovered the journal kept in a case labeled "For Luke."
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Journals of Ben Kenobi were first introduced in the Marvel comic book Star Wars 6. The comic's author, Jason Aaron, revealed that stories from Kenobi's journal will be told as standalone comics between each arc of the Star Wars comic series. The first story from the journal was told in Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed".
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars 7: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi: "The Last of His Breed"
- Star Wars 15
- Star Wars 20
- "The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37
- Star Wars 6 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 8
- Star Wars 11
- Star Wars 12
- Vader Down 1 (Mentioned only; in the opening crawl)
- Star Wars 14 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 26
- Star Wars 27
- Star Wars 28
- Star Wars 29
- Star Wars 30
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Disciples of Harmony
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Highlights of the Saga: Luke’s Journey in the Force)
- Star Wars: The Secrets of the Jedi