The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi is a young-adult novel written by Ryder Windham. The book was originally scheduled for release in October 2008, one year after the release of its predecessor, The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader. It retells the story of the first six Star Wars films from the point of view of Obi-Wan Kenobi. In addition, it contains a prologue and several interludes from Luke Skywalker's perspective, between the times of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. While the majority of the book recaps previously told stories, it does introduce some new elements into Star Wars canon within the Star Wars Legends continuity.
This is the legendary story of Obi-Wan Kenobi, from his first meeting with Anakin Skywalker to his final meeting with Darth Vader—and beyond....
On pages 28–30, both the spellings "Ord Sigatt" and "Ord-Sigatt" are used. Asajj Ventress's homeworld, Rattatak, is mistakenly referred to as "Rattaka" on page 90. Kashyyyk is misspelled with two y's on page 94. Furthermore, The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi uses both "X-wing" and "X-Wing" capitalizations on pages 196–199.
The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi references many other Star Wars stories, including:
- Jedi Apprentice
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- Jedi Quest
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi
- Luke Skywalker's Walkabout
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- The Star Wars radio dramatization
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Heir to the Empire
- Legacy 16
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology