- "It could have bombed! It was a comicbook concept, dressed up for the screen. […] Therefore, what could be more proper, more apt, more totally fitting than to present the magic of STAR WARS in comicbook form—and thus do we come full circle!"
- ―Excerpt of Stan Lee's introduction
The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Star Wars is a Legends trade paperback which collects the first six issues of Marvel Comics' Star Wars, adapting the film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The book was adapted from George Lucas's script by Roy Thomas, with layouts by Howard Chaykin.
It also includes a special introduction written by Stan Lee, as well as a gallery of pin-ups illustrated by Chaykin and Ernie Chan. The Marvel Comics Illustrated Version of Star Wars was published in November 1977 by Del Rey.
Across the teeming reaches of a galaxy in the grip of evil…
Hurtling headlong through hyper-space [sic] to subdue the dark champions of tyranny…
Blazing through the cosmos on a mission of vengeance and honor, comes
- Star Wars 1
- Star Wars 2: Six Against the Galaxy
- Star Wars 3: Death Star!
- Star Wars 4: In Battle with Darth Vader
- Star Wars 5: Lo, The Moons of Yavin!
- Star Wars 6: Is This the Final Chapter?
Notes and referencesEdit