The Wooden Wookiee was a booth inside the market in Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu. It was owned by the Wookiee male Lunacca, who sold carvings made from wroshyr wood. Around the time that the First Order occupied Black Spire Outpost in about 34 ABY, Lunacca had closed The Wooden Wookiee in order to make a supply run to the planet Kashyyyk for more wroshyr wood.
The Wooden Wookiee was a merchant's booth inside the Black Spire Outpost market on the Outer Rim Territories planet Batuu. The small outdoor shop was run by the Wookiee male Lunacca, who was a fourth-generation woodcarver. Lunacca sold his carvings, which were made from wroshyr wood and included many of the cups used for specialty drinks at Oga's Cantina, sculptures, wooden creatures, small trinkets, Wookiee shields, and other unique works of art.
The Wookiee shields were made nearly indestructible by wroshyr tree sap. When not working the shop, Lunacca had The Wooden Wookiee closed, as he worked alone and did not have locals help with customer service during his absence. Most people on Batuu also did not have the strength to whittle wroshyr, and so every item made at The Wooden Wookiee was a creation of Lunacca's.
The booth had the body of an R-series droid in its corner that was used as a furnace, and the shop was located in a corner of the market across from the Creature Stall and next to the outpost's historical obelisk. Its perimeter was formed using desks and tables, and the back of the booth had shelving for tools and products.
During the First Order's occupation of Black Spire Outpost around 34 ABY, the Ithorian collector Dok-Ondar had a table made of wroshyr wood, which his employee Julen Rakab recognized from The Wooden Wookiee due to its carvings, in his antiquities shop. Around the same time, The Wooden Wookiee was temporarily closed as Lunacca made a supply trip to the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk for more wroshyr wood.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Wooden Wookiee first appeared as a location within the themed land Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which opened to guests at Disneyland Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios Park in 2019. Although the location is a merchant's booth in-universe, all of the items at the real-world location are merely props and are not available for purchase.
- A Crash of Fate (Mentioned only)
- A Crash of Fate audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—The Market (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the land.
- ↑ Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge—The Market
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A Crash of Fate
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the mission to Batuu, which includes the First Order occupation of Batuu, to six months after the Hosnian Cataclysm, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 34 ABY.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge