- "Because he's holding a thermal detonator!"
- ―C-3PO speaks in fear of the threat of a thermal detonator
Thermal detonators were palm-sized, spherical devices that were used as extremely deadly explosive weapons. In addition to being surprisingly powerful for their size, they could only be turned off by whoever turned them on. And they would go off only when they were activated, therefore they were very resistant and secure when carrying them.
The Duros bounty hunter Cad Bane carried thermal detonators, and often used them during assignments. During the Galactic Civil War, Princess Leia Organa, disguised as a bounty hunter, threatened the crime lord Jabba the Hutt with a detonator in order to negotiate a deal.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 9 (Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 14 (Databank A-Z: Dengar–Domino Squad; Helmets: In Pictures)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills
- Gadgets and Gear