- "Red Ten, standing by."
- ―Nett reports in during the Battle of Yavin.
Theron Nett was a male human who served the Alliance to Restore the Republic as a Rebel pilot during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. He flew as Red Ten in Red Squadron during the Battle of Yavin, in which the Alliance attacked the Empire's Death Star superweapon above the moon of Yavin 4. During the battle he was killed by a TIE/ln space superiority starfighter while covering Red Leader Garven Dreis on an attack run down the Death Star trench.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "Better let her loose! They're right behind me! [...] I can't hold them!"
- ―Theron Nett's last words
In 0 BBY, Nett flew as a member of Red Squadron during the Battle of Yavin under the callsign Red Ten. When Commander Garven Dreis called for all fighters to check in, Nett was the first man to do so.
After Gold Squadron was forced to abort their trench run, Nett joined Puck Naeco in covering Commander Dreis during a second run on the trench. They had entered the trench fairly close to where the thermal exhaust port was located, and Nett claimed that they "should be able to see it by now". When Dreis advised them to lookout for Darth Vader and his TIE fighter escorts, Nett claimed that there was too much interference on their sensors to detect them, and called to Red Five, Luke Skywalker, to see if he could spot them from his vantage point, with Luke being able to spot them just as they were swooping in on Red Squadron in the trench. Vader took out Naeco quickly, and Nett pleaded with Dreis to abort the run, as he was unable to hold the enemy fighters off for much longer. His pleas fell on deaf ears, however, as Dreis was convinced that he could make it to the exhaust port. Nett was ultimately shot down and killed by one of Vader's escorts.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Theron Nett first appeared in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope where he was identified only as Red Ten. The character was first named in the Special Edition Limited set of the Star Wars Legends Customizable Card Game produced by Decipher, Inc. The name was confirmed to be canon by the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Galactic Atlas.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Voice only)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization (Voice only)
- "Duty Roster"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Desert Son"—From a Certain Point of View (Voice only) (as Red Ten)
- Star Wars 45 (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Theron Nett)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z