- "Hunt the Jedi. Get others to hunt them as well. Offer bounties. Ten times more for one alive than dead. One might be turned."
- ―Darth Krayt
The Third Jedi Purge was an attempt to eradicate the New Jedi Order instigated by Darth Krayt and his One Sith in order to impose the Dark Lord's will on the galaxy. Preceded by heavy casualties in the Battle of Coruscant, in the initial attack, only half of the Jedi died at Coruscant and at the Massacre at Ossus.
The remaining Jedi went into hiding, many taking shelter in the Hidden Temple, while others left the Jedi way. The new Emperor feared the Jedi would join the deposed Roan Fel and his Empire-in-exile, or the Galactic Alliance Remnant and ordered Darth Maladi, head of Sith Intelligence and Assassination to offer bounties in exchange for the capture of Jedi.
To a lesser extent, Imperial Knights were also targets of this persecution because of their loyalty to the deposed Emperor and their unorthodox take on Jedi teachings. After the death of Darth Krayt in 138 ABY the Purge was brought to an end.
Despite the Sith's advantages, as with the previous purges, the opposite result the Sith were hoping for happened: the Jedi rallied as many members of their order retreated to their hidden temple, and many later participated in the war's final battle. During the battle, Cade Skywalker struck down Darth Krayt and the Sith lost much of their military power. The Sith forces retreated, leaving the allies victorious and the Jedi free to rebuild their order.
Casualties[edit | edit source]
- Jedi Master Kol Skywalker: Killed by Darth Nihl.
- Imperial Knight Mohrgan Fel: Killed by Darth Krayt.
- Unidentified male Imperial Knight: Killed by Darth Krayt
- Unidentified female Imperial Knight (I): Killed by Darth Krayt
- Unidentified female Imperial Knight (II): Killed by Darth Krayt
- Jedi Master Ahn Rasi Tuum: Killed by the One Sith.
- Elke Vetter: Killed by Darth Talon
- Unidentified Human Jedi: Killed by an Unidentified Sith Lord.
- Jedi Master Hira: unidentified Nautolan Sith Lord
- Jedi Knight/Jedi healer Hosk Trey'lis: Killed by Darth Krayt.
- Unidentified female Imperial Knight: Killed on Agamar.
- Unidentified male Imperial Knight: Killed on Agamar.
- Jedi Master Nat Skywalker: Killed on Tavias.
- Jedi Master T'ra Saa: Killed on Tavias.
- Te Corso: Killed on Tavias.
- Jedi Master Drok: Killed on Tavias.
- Jedi healer Sayar Dun'La: Killed on Tavias.
- Jedi Master Wolf Sazen: Killed by Darth Stryfe.
- Roan Fel: Killed by Antares Draco.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Legacy 1: Broken, Part 1
- Legacy 2: Broken, Part 2
- Legacy 1: Prisoner of the Floating World, Part 1
- Legacy—War 6
- Legacy 5: Broken, Part 4
- Legacy 17: Claws of the Dragon, Part 4
- Legacy 30: Vector, Part 11
- Legacy 43: Monster, Part 1
- Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1
- Legacy 49: Extremes, Part 2
- Legacy—War 3
- Legacy—War 5
- Legacy 12: Ghosts, Part 2
- Legacy 44: Monster, Part 2
- Legacy 15: Claws of the Dragon, Part 2
- Legacy—War 4