- "Sergeant Maximian Ajax."
"Bleeding Roughneck till the end."
- ―Hober and Twitch, for Maximian Ajax's eulogy
The Thirty-Second Infantry, also known as the Bleeding Roughnecks, was an infantry group of at least four hundred and five individuals within the military of the Rebel Alliance. By 3 ABY, the unit was obliterated in an event that cost them four hundred casualties and left only five survivors, including Maximian Ajax. Ajax was subsequently reassigned to the 61st Mobile Infantry, but continued to wear the Thirty-Second's "Bleeding Roughneck" badge until his death during a raid. During Ajax's funeral, another soldier named Twitch proclaimed that he was a Bleeding Roughneck until the end for his one line eulogy.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the Thirty-Second Infantry's obliteration is mentioned is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY, with the obliteration of the Thirty-Second occurring prior.