- "Sergeant Maximian Ajax."
"Bleeding Roughneck till the end."
- ―Hober and Twitch, for Maximian Ajax's eulogy
The Thirty-Second Infantry, also known as the Bleeding Roughnecks, was an infantry group of at least four hundred and five individuals within the military of the Rebel Alliance. By 3 ABY, the unit was obliterated in a battle that cost them four hundred casualties and left only five survivors, including Maximian Ajax. Ajax was subsequently reassigned to the 61st Mobile Infantry, but continued to wear the Thirty-Second's "Bleeding Roughneck" badge until his death during a raid. During Ajax's funeral, another soldier named Twitch proclaimed that he was a Bleeding Roughneck until the end for his one line eulogy.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the Thirty-Second Infantry's obliteration is mentioned is set twenty-two years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The mention must have therefore happened in 3 ABY, with the obliteration of the Thirty-Second occurring prior.