Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good is a canon novel written by Timothy Zahn as the sequel to Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising, and the second volume of Star Wars: The Ascendancy Trilogy. It was published by Del Rey on April 27, 2021.
Thrawn's latest triumph still rests newly on his shoulders. Despite leading the Chiss to victory and bringing glory to the House of Mitth, the true threat to the Ascendancy has not yet been extinguished. Their foes do not send threats or ultimatums, or mass ships on the edge of the Chaos. Their weapons come cloaked in smiles and generosity—gifts offered freely, services granted unconditionally.
Across the Ascendancy, seemingly inconsequential events could herald the doom of the Chiss. As Thrawn and the Expansionary Defense Fleet rally to uncover the enemy plot, they discover a chilling truth. Rather than invade Chiss capitals or pillage resources, this mysterious enemy strikes at the very foundation of the Ascendancy by widening the rifts between the Nine Ruling Families and Forty Great Houses below. As rivalry and suspicion sow discord among allies, each warrior must decide what matters most: the security of their family, or the survival of the Ascendancy itself.
- ISBN 9780593158296; April 27, 2021; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9780593158302; April 27, 2021; Del Rey; US eBook
- ISBN 9780593358153; April 27, 2021; Del Rey; US hardcover, Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Notes and references
- "Launchpad"—Star Wars Insider 201
- The events of Thrawn: Alliances set during the Clone Wars take place after the trial and exoneration of Ahsoka Tano. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates both the end of the the Clone Wars and the trial and exoneration of Ahsoka Tano to 19 BBY. As some of the events in Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising take place concurrently with Thrawn: Alliances, they must therefore take place around the year 19 BBY. Furthermore, Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good establishes that the attack on the Paataatus, which was depicted in Chaos Rising, took place "last year." Therefore, the events of Greater Good must take place around 18 BBY.