- "There's a colony on Thuna III, in a small system near the Unknown Regions, that's been devastated by a groundquake."
The Thuna system was a small star system located in the galaxy's Wild Space, near the Unknown Regions. The astronomical object Thuna III was located within the system. At some point by 32 BBY, a colony on Thuna III was devastated by a groundquake.
The Besalisk arms dealer Mavven recruited a group of individuals that had a MEV-series medical evacuation droid to travel to Thuna III and assist the colonists with evacuation. When the group arrived at the colony, it provided the locals with medical assistance and stopped a band of raiders from taking advantage of the disaster and pillaging the settlement.
Behind the scenes
The Thuna system was first mentioned in Scavenger's Guide to Droids, a 2009 sourcebook published by Wizards of the Coast for the Star Wars Roleplaying Game. Scavenger's Guide to Droids described the system in a roleplaying adventure seed, which this article assumes plays out as described.
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- (First identified as Thuna system)
Notes and references
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids establishes that the production of MEV-series medical evacuation droids began ten years before the start of the Clone Wars, which corresponds to 32 BBY per The New Essential Chronology. According to Scavenger's Guide to Droids, a MEV-series droid was involved in the consequences of the groundquake on Thuna III, therefore the disaster must have occurred at some point by that date.