- Bozzie: "Who did that?"
- Wicket Wystri Warrick: "I'm sorry, Aunt Bozzie. It was just a—"
- Paploo: "It was a giant flock of mudslinging thunder bats."
- ―Bozzie, Wicket Wystri Warrick, and Paploo[src]
Thunder bats were a species of bat that could be found on the Forest Moon of Endor. In 3 ABY, the Endor-residing Ewoks Paploo and Wicket Wystri Warrick were playing drop-the-sack, attempting to drop a sack of mud on their friend Teebo. When Warrick accidentally hit his aunt Bozzie instead of Teebo, Paploo told Bozzie that the mud had been thrown by a giant flock of thunder bats.
Behind the scenesEdit
Thunder bats were first mentioned in "The Cries of the Trees," the pilot episode of the animated television series Ewoks. The episode was written by Paul Dini and premiered on September 7, 1985.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- ↑ "Star Wars Publications Timeline"—Star Wars Insider 23 dates the events of the Ewoks animated series, which include the mention of thunder bats in "The Cries of the Trees," to three years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- ↑ "A Star Wars CELibration"—Star Wars Insider 27