Tibanna gas platforms were large floating structures that were used to extract tibanna gas.
Following the confrontation at Bespin's Cloud City between Darth Vader, Han Solo and Leia Organa, Imperial forces remained on the planet and had a garrison of starfighters watch over the platforms' mining operations. Rebel troopers fought against stormtroopers for control of a platform during a battle on Bespin. The Rebel Alliance also raided the platforms to steal tibanna supplies. Rogue Squadron was assigned to destroy an Imperial research base on Destrillion, but instead found a gas platform guarded by TIE Hunters.
Behind the scenesEdit
Tibanna gas platforms first appeared in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back. They have appeared on various planets in various sources.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- The Bounty Hunters: Aurra Sing
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Jedi: Count Dooku
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- Legacy 37: Tatooine, Part 1
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront: Prima Official Game Guide