Tierfon Rebel Outpost, also known as the Tierfon Rebel Base, was one of the many thousands of small outposts that the Alliance to Restore the Republic owned. A squadron known as the Tierfon Yellow Aces was based at Tierfon. One hundred and fifty eight pilots were stationed at the base so the squadron could go on mission after mission, but the personnel would still be well rested.
In the event of the base being discovered by the Galactic Empire, it could easily be stripped and abandoned, as it usually took at least two weeks for reinforcements to arrive since the sector was not heavily occupied by the Imperial Navy.
Famous pilots that were based on Tierfon included Wes Janson and Jek Tono Porkins, heroes of the Galactic Civil War and Red Squadron. Tomer Darpen and Kissek Doran, father of Kell Tainer, were also pilots in the Tierfon Yellow Squadron. N'dru Suhlak on the other hand, while an accomplished pilot, was forced out of the base for his excessive insubordination. Veedo Vaocan, a rare Rodian pacifist, served as chief surgeon.
History[edit | edit source]
After the destruction of Alderaan and the true threat of the first Death Star was realized, Tierfon's status was boosted to "full active." However, the fighter contingent on the base was significantly reduced, with other less protected bases in need of greater fighter cover such as Yavin Base.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Slave Ship (Mentioned only)
- "The Way of the Yrashu"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron
- X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Alliance Intelligence Reports
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition
- Heroes & Rogues
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 122 (TIE1-2, Tierfon Rebel Base)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Jek Porkins)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- "Who's Who in Rogue Squadron"—Star Wars Insider 59
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- Strongholds of Resistance