"Tilotny Throws a Shape" is a comic story written by Alan Moore and originally published in Marvel UK's The Empire Strikes Back Monthly 154. It was later reprinted in Classic Star Wars: Devilworlds 2.
After being forced to land on an unidentified planet, Princess Leia Organa tries to escape from pursuing Imperial troops. She stumbles upon the remains of some Imperial stormtroopers that had been lying there for thousands of years. Meanwhile, a spirit called Tilotny "throws a shape" and is followed by three more spirits. Leia soon meets them, along with three stormtroopers. Tilotny decides to play with them, and kills one stormtrooper by turning him into a diamond. After that she turns Leia's heart into a diamond too and mixes the remaining stormtroopers together. After being tired from playing, Tilotny leaves the spirit called Splendid Ap to restore everything to normal. Splendid Ap revives the four beings, but not being aware of the concept of time, mistakenly places the stormtroopers eight thousand years in the past. It was the remains of these stormtroopers that Leia discovered.
- "My leg's almost healed since it was injured on that last mission..."
- ―Leia Organa, to Han Solo
Leia Organa injures her ankle in this comic. She appears with a bandaged ankle in Star Wars (1977) 35.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Classic Star Wars: Devilworlds 2
- Star Wars Omnibus: Wild Space Volume 1
- Star Wars: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 3
Notes and references
- "Tilotny Throws a Shape" features Leia Organa injuring her ankle, meaning that it's set before Star Wars (1977) 35, in which her ankle is bandaged, but after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, where it isn't. Star Wars 35 takes place concurrently with the Yavin blockade, which lasted until 0.5 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology, which also dates the end of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope to 0 ABY. Therefore, "Tilotny Throws a Shape" takes place in 0 ABY, and the three stormtroopers sent back 8,000 years in the past must've been sent to 8000 BBY.