- "Is there anything I might do to help?"
"No. Not unless you can alter time, speed up the harvest, or teleport me off this rock."
- ―C-3PO and Luke Skywalker
Time travel was a hypothetical transport through time into the past or the future. Although some beings sometimes wished they could travel back in time to change mistakes they made in their lives, such a thing was still thought to be impossible, even during the height of the New Republic. A hypothetical device for allowing so was known as a time machine.
Access to the World Between Worlds made time travel possible through many of the doors and pathways to the past, present and future. However, the mystical Force realm's existence was mostly unknown, and only a few Force-users could enter it. In 0 BBY, Jedi Padawan Ezra Bridger entered the World Between Worlds through a portal in the Lothal Jedi Temple and rescued Ahsoka Tano from being killed by Darth Vader during the mission to Malachor (which had occurred in 3 BBY, three years before) by pulling her through a portal. During their time there, Ezra briefly considered rescuing his master Kanan Jarrus, who had died during the rescue of Hera Syndulla, by pulling him through a portal. Ahsoka talked him out of it by pointing out that rescuing Kanan would mean that all of the other Spectres present, including Ezra, would have died in the explosion of the Imperial gas refinery, causing a paradox. After being attacked by the Emperor, Ezra and Ahsoka returned to the real world via the same portals they had entered, emerging on Lothal and Malachor respectively, three years apart.
Luke Skywalker, when asked by C-3PO on how the latter could help him, sarcastically suggested that the droid could help by altering time far enough into the future to bypass the harvest season so he could join the Imperial Academy.
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First mentioned) (Mentioned sarcastically)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 2 (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))
- Phasma (Mentioned only)
- Phasma audiobook (Mentioned only)
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (Mentioned sarcastically)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Time travel on Wikipedia