The tintolive tree was a species of tree found on the Core World of Chandrila. Around 5 ABY, the Galactic Concordance—the treaty that ended the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and New Republic—was signed by Chancellor Mon Mothma and Grand Vizier Mas Amedda under an ancient tintolive tree on the crystaline cliffs located north of Hanna City, Chandrila's capital.
Behind the scenes
The tintolive tree appeared in the new Star Wars canon in the 2017 novel Aftermath: Empire's End, written by Chuck Wendig. Tintolive trees first appeared in the 2001 Star Wars Legends novel The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth, written by Greg Keyes.
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First appearance, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook
Notes and references
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the Battle of Jakku occurred one year after the death of Emperor Palpatine, which is dated to 4 ABY. Therefore, the Battle of Jakku must have occurred in 5 ABY. Since the Galactic Concordance was signed in the aftermath of the Battle of Jakku, it must have been ratified around 5 ABY.
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth