During the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire, the exiled scientist Sannus Lorrick caused an outbreak of the rakghoul plague in the Tion Hegemony. A number of worlds were overtaken by the plague before quarantine measures were instituted, and the planet Kaon was the fifth world to be overtaken by rakghouls. The plague was eventually tracked back to Lorrick's lab on Ord Mantell, where he was killed, but not before the passenger liner Stardream was infected by Lorrick's efforts; the liner crashed on Tatooine and caused a galaxy-wide crisis.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The outbreak represents the events of the Flashpoint: Kaon Under Siege in Star Wars: The Old Republic. This flashpoint is available to both Empire and Republic factions so it is not known which faction is canonically responsible for sending the strike team. The composition of the strike team does not alter events, though it is assumed that an Imperial strike team chooses the dark side option to kill Melarra at the end of the battle, which a Republic strike team chooses to release her.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Flashpoint: "Kaon Under Siege"
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, pre-"Game Update 1.1" content
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Codex Entry: "Rakghoul Pandemic 5 - Origins of the Outbreak"
- According to 2012 can be placed in 3639 BBY. Therefore, the events of Game Update 1.1: Rise of the Rakghouls, which was released in 2012, can be placed in 3639 BBY. , the events depicted in post-launch Game Updates released in
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "Outbreak in the Tion Hegemony" on Carrick Station
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Mission: "Trouble in the Tion Hegemony" on Vaiken Spacedock