- "They're the workhorses of this outfit, I can tell you that."
- ―Tiree, referring to the BTL Y-wing starfighter
Tiree was a Human male starfighter pilot in the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War. In 0 BBY, he flew in Gold Squadron as Gold 2 and Jon Vander's wingman in the Battle of Yavin. However, he was first to be shot down by Darth Vader.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "Computer's locked. Getting a signal... The guns. They've stopped!"
Vander was fond of the youth, believing he would become one of the greatest pilots in the Rebellion, and thus placed Tiree one point over the veteran 'Pops'. He was well noted for participating in a raid on Corellia, where he helped save engineers who proved invaluable to the Rebellion. Later on in the Galactic Civil War, during one of the Rebels' trench runs on the Death Star, Tiree's Y-wing was shot at by Darth Vader and the engines were hit, causing some of the electrical wiring to electrocute him, killing him before his Y-wing exploded.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Journal: Captive to Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope junior novel
- Shield of Lies (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Word Puzzles
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- "Rebel Pilot Reunion"—Star Wars Insider 32
- Jedi Knights Trading Card Game (Card: Gold Two)
- "So You Think You Wanna Be a Rebel Pilot?"—Star Wars Kids 4
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Gold 2)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Tiree)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars Trading Card Game - A New Hope (TCG) (Card: )
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 1 (YAV6, The Battle of Yavin)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 12
- The Official Star Wars Fact File (2013) Part 1 (YAV3-4, The Battle of Yavin)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes