- "A planet killer! That's what he called it."
- ―Tivik to Cassian Andor
Tivik was a human male who served as an informant for the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and operated on Jedha as one of Cassian Andor's underground contacts to the insurgent group led by Saw Gerrera. During a secret mission on the Ring of Kafrene, Tivik informed Andor of the Galactic Empire's secret superweapon, the Death Star, and was killed as Andor escaped stormtroopers.
Tivik worked as an informant for the Alliance to Restore the Republic, proving useful as an intelligence contact for Cassian Andor, albeit a nervous one. He worked as one of Andor's underworld connections to Saw Gerrera's insurgents on Jedha, serving among the men in Gerrera's militia. At some point he injured his right arm, necessitating the use of a sling fashioned from a scarf.
Rendezvous with Captain AndorEdit
- "Hey. Calm down. Calm down. You did good—everything you told me, it's real?"
- ―Cassian Andor and Tivik
Tivik was assigned to Jedha as one of Captain Cassian Jeron Andor's informants, and learned of Bodhi Rook's defection from the Empire and the existence of a planet killer, the Death Star. He sent Andor an oblique message, recalling him from Corulag for a rendezvous at the Ring of Kafrene, and joined a team heading to the Ring to steal ammunition.
Tivik met with Cassian in the alleyways as he was preparing to leave with his team, but Andor kept him talking until he revealed what he knew from Jedha. They were accosted by two stormtroopers, whom Cassian shot dead, but the brief firefight alerted more Imperial forces. Tivik fretted over his injured arm, unable to climb onto the rooftops as Cassian intended. Cassian, knowing the Empire would capture him and interrogate the information from him, killed Tivik with a blaster bolt to the back. The man fell onto the ground and Cassian made his escape back to Yavin 4.
- "On Kafrene I contacted an intelligence source of mine, Tivik, who'd proved useful in the past. Tivik has always been the nervous sort, but this time he was terrified."
- ―Cassian Andor
Cassian reported back to Base One, and was debriefed by General Airen Cracken. He relayed the details of his meeting with Tivik, justifying neutralizing the man to prevent him from being taken into Imperial custody. Armed with Tivik's information about the Death Star, the Rebel Alliance went on to steal the battle station's plans from Scarif, and ultimately formed a plan to destroy the superweapon.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "It's all falling apart. Saw's right—you guys keep talking and stalling and dealing and we're on fumes out there, there're spies everywhere—"
- ―Tivik, to Cassian Andor
He worked as an unscrupulous source of information for the Alliance, responding well to pressure, and was a true believer for the cause. Despite this, Tivik was also an abject coward who sought to escape the moral responsibilities he assigned himself, making him a maddening individual to work with. He was nervous and irritable during his meeting with Cassian Andor on the Ring of Kafrene, and became distressed while informing Andor about the "planet killer". He expressed the fear that the Rebellion was falling apart, angry over how little the Alliance had done to help Saw Gerrera. He twitched throughout the meeting, looking ready to bolt at any moment, and displayed even more terror than the nervousness Cassian usually knew him for.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One Adaptation 1
- Rogue One Adaptation 2 (Indirect mention only)
- Breznican, Anthony (November 21, 2016). 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' - 15 new photos!. Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on March 19, 2019. Retrieved on November 21, 2016. (First identified as Tivik)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ Breznican, Anthony (November 21, 2016). 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' - 15 new photos!. Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on March 19, 2019. Retrieved on November 21, 2016.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel