- "What about dinner? You were supposed to get something to eat."
"I did. The Kagles just made me tobo leaves, jing-jang berries, fried mahuga."
- ―Wicket Warrick and Teebo
Tobo leaves were a type of food edible by the Ewok species. In 3 ABY, a trio of the brown-furred individuals known as the Kagles made and served tobo leaves, along with fried mahuga and jing-jang berries, to the Ewok Teebo while on the Forest Moon of Endor. Teebo later recounted the dinner's dishes to his friend, Wicket Warrick.
Behind the scenes
Tobo leaves were mentioned in "Home is Where the Shrieks Are," the third episode in the second season of the animated television series Ewoks. The episode was written by Bob Carrau, and it premiered on September 20, 1986. In the episode, after Teebo tells Wicket of three foods that the Kagles fed him, he holds up a small, orange sphere, indicating that that was all he had left from dinner. As the episode does not establish which of the foods the sphere is, this article refrains from linking it with tobo leaves or any of the other foods he mentioned.
Notes and references
- Ewoks—"Home is Where the Shrieks Are"
- "Star Wars Publications Timeline" – Star Wars Insider 23 dates the events of the Ewoks television series, which include the mention of tobo leaves in "Home is Where the Shrieks Are," to three years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 3 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology.
- "A Star Wars CELibration" – Star Wars Insider 27