Togrutas were a sentient humanoid species, characterized by their colorful skin tones, large montrals, head tails, and white facial pigments. They hailed from the planet Shili, in the Expansion Region. Although Shili was their homeworld, they also had a colony of some 50,000 individuals on the planet Kiros, also in the Expansion Region. Some well known Togruta included the Jedi Master Shaak Ti, Supreme Chancellor Kirames Kaj, and Padawan Ahsoka Tano.
Biology and appearance[edit | edit source]
Togrutas were a species of humanoids whose skin spanned a vast array of colors, including, but not limited to, orange, green, red, white, and yellow. These characteristics were a result of evolution; Togruta coloration was helpful as a method of camouflage from predators. Their most notable feature were the large organic head formations upon their heads; two large cone-like horns called montrals atop their skull, and three lekku, also known as headtails, that sprouted downward. Both a Togruta's lekku and montrals tended to grow longer as they aged, with females having longer lekku than the males. A Togruta's montrals allowed them to sense the movement of objects around them through echolocation, and could sense up to 82 feet.
Society and Culture[edit | edit source]
Shili, the Togruta homeworld, was known to produce famously melodramatic holovids.
Togruta were known to speak Galactic Basic.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- "Ring Race"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 1
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Wookiee Hunt"
- Ahsoka (novel)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Kidnapped"
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know