- "This is Tak Base to anybody out there…Please…We're under Imperial attack…They're everywhere, there was no warning at all…Total devastation! They broke through our shields…They broke through our shields!"
- ―Admiral Toka, in a distress signal moments before his death
Toka was a male Mon Calamari member of the Alliance to Restore the Republic who held the rank of admiral. In the year 0 ABY, Admiral Toka was in Tak Base when it was attacked by dark troopers and was subsequently killed in the assault.
- "I'll send a distress signal, but I fear all is lost. Go! And may the Force be with you!"
- ―Admiral Toka, to Captain Bok
Toka was an admiral in the Rebel Alliance Fleet during the Galactic Civil War against the Galactic Empire. In 0 ABY, Toka was stationed at Tak Base, a Rebel installation on the planet Talay, when Imperial General Rom Mohc tested his new Dark Trooper Project by launching dark troopers in a devastating assault against the base.
As the Imperial attack rained down, Toka ordered Rebel Captain Bok to flee Talay aboard the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Grey Damsel using escape coordinates provided to them by the Alliance. Soon thereafter, Toka sent out a distress signal to anyone who might receive it but was immediately killed by blasterfire. Five days after Toka's death, Alliance leader Mon Mothma showed the admiral's distress signal to mercenary Kyle Katarn in preparation for his follow-up investigatory mission to Talay.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Escape while you still can, my friend! Warn our allies of this new threat!"
"But we can't abandon you here, Admiral Toka!"
"Launch now or perish! Use the escape coordinates the Alliance gave us. Flee!"
- ―Admiral Toka and Captain Bok
During the Imperial massacre of the Rebellion's Tak Base, Admiral Toka demonstrated his selflessness by ordering his friend and fellow Mon Calamari Captain Bok to escape Talay and warn the Alliance of the Empire's new threat rather than risk trying to rescue Toka. The admiral volunteered to stay behind and transmit a distress signal, even though doing so meant abandoning himself to his fate. As a Mon Calamari, Toka had orange skin and yellow eyes.
Behind the scenesEdit
Admiral Toka first appeared in the 1995 video game Star Wars: Dark Forces, in which he was voiced by Denny Delk and identified in the credits only as "Dying Rebel." Dark Forces used footage of Admiral Ackbar from the film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi to depict Toka's holographic form.
- Star Wars: Dark Forces (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- "Sand Blasted"—Star Wars Tales 4 (First identified as Toka)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 "Sand Blasted"—Star Wars Tales 4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 According to Star Wars: Dark Forces, the Imperial attack on Tak Base takes place after the Battle of Yavin—the final event before the start of 0 ABY, according to The New Essential Chronology—but before Kyle Katarn rescues Crix Madine from Orinackra. According to The Official Star Wars Fact File 130 (MAD2–3), Madine's escape from Orinackra takes place approximately a little more than a week after his desertion from Imperial service, which the "Galaxywide NewsNets" feature from Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 dates to 36:2:12, or 0 ABY. Therefore, the Imperial attack on Tak Base must take place in 0 ABY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Dark Forces
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary