- "Let me offer you a drink. Toniray, an excellent vintage. A wonderful year. Sadly, one of the last."
- ―Rinnrivin Di
Toniray was one of several wine types produced on the Core World of Alderaan, whose inhabitants were known for their devotion to the fine arts. It was made from the fruits of a variety of vine whose leaves were deep green.
Toniray was a sparkling but sweet-tasting wine distinguished by its teal color. It was sold in bottles of a specific shape, and was best served chilled and in slim flutes. It also had a less-intoxicating cousin, which was one shade paler.
At one point, Tobias Beckett was kidnapped by the queen of some remote planet, who wanted to make him her husband. Becket was rescued by his partner in crime Val, and the two celebrated by drinking a whole bottle of rare Toniray wine that Beckett had lifted from the queen.
At dinner parties where sensitive information was being discussed, Queen Breha Organa of Alderaan would sometimes have real Toniray served only to specific guests, with the rest served the less-alcoholic duplicate. The two were similar enough in color that only a few could tell the difference.
Following the destruction of the Death Star, Inferno Squad was given a bottle to toast their creation and the success of their first assignment, both given by Admiral Garrick Versio. Twenty-four years after the founding of the New Republic, one of the last offworld bottles of Toniray had passed into the hands of Rinnrivin Di. Di served some of the wine to New Republic Senator Leia Organa, hoping to gain her favor, but Organa was not interested in working with the Kajain'sa'Nikto crime lord and had actually already planned his arrest.
Behind the scenesEdit
A real-life version of toniray is available for purchase at Oga's Cantina in the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge themed land. It is a teal-colored Chardonnay produced by the Californian winery Goldschmidt Vineyards.
- Master & Apprentice
- Queen's Shadow
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Doctor Aphra 15 (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (First appearance)
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Oga's Cantina
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Bloodline
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- ↑ Princess Leia 2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- ↑ Master & Apprentice
- ↑ Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- ↑ Megan Bresnan (2019-05-29). BLACK SPIRE 101: Everything You Need to Know About Oga's Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. WDW News Today. Retrieved on August 11, 2019.