- "Hey, Commander— look what the tooka-cat dragged in."
- ―An Imperial
Tookas, also called tooka-cats, were a subspecies of feline cats. They were often kept as pets, but were also considered by many to be feral nuisances. When properly trained, they could be excellent hunters of pests. One specific breed of tooka was the Loth-cat, native to the planet Lothal. Tooka were known to enjoy milk. Tooka were common in the underworld of Coruscant, where they hunted Nuna.
Biology and appearanceEdit
- "I am not equipped or programed to complete that request."
"You're telling me that you can't pick up a little tooka poop?"
"That is what I am telling you. Also, it is not a little. It is a lot of tooka… waste material."
- ―K-2SO and Mayvlin Trillick
Tookas could be a variety of colors, such as violets, greenish blues, yellows, fawns, dark yellow, brown, deep purple and blue-gray. They usually had a flat face with a slightly protruding muzzle. They had two slit nostrils that sat underneath a pair of beady gray or black eyes. They had very long mouths that stretch all the way across their face and could open wide to display long sharp fangs. They had a pair of very tall, pointy ears that were usually striped. Their neck was rather short, as were their legs, and their paws were very similar to a bird's talons. Their claws were adept at gripping their prey and climbing. Their tails were fat and bushy and usually striped, and their underbelly was usually a different color that the body. They were very similar to their subspecies Loth-cats. When angry, threatened or scared tookas could dilate their entire eyes and arch their backs like cats.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Cats in Star Wars, why not?"
- ―Dave Filoni
Tookas first appeared in the Star Wars franchise as "Adoris feline" in Otherspace, an adventure for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. Though this title is now part of Star Wars Legends, tooka were introduced into the Star Wars canon in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, first as a stuffed toy and later as the actual creature. They were named after Dave Filoni's deceased cat, Tuuk. The loth-cat is a specific breed of tooka appearing in Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 1" (Stuffed toy)
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 6" (Stuffed toy)
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 7" (Stuffed toy)
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 8" (Stuffed toy)
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – "Episode 10" (Stuffed toy)
- Disney Infinity 3.0
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ Doctor Aphra 32
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Stranger"
- ↑ Star Wars 15
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "To Catch a Jedi"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Doctor Aphra 15
- ↑ The Mighty Chewbacca in the Forest of Fear!
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 A Crash of Fate
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head