- "Papa Toren thanks you for returning his property, stolen some time ago by the disgusting Imperials when they came to occupy this planet."
- ―One of Toren's winged associates speaks to Calrissian for him
Toren, known as Papa Toren, was a male crime lord who operated on the planet Castell. When the Galactic Empire first arrived on the planet they stole a trinket from him, which was recovered from Imperial Moff Ssaria by the smuggler Lando Calrissian in the hopes of repaying back a debt he owed Toren. Toren thanked Calrissian for recovering his property, but as it already belonging to him only removed ten percent of the smuggler's debt. The crime lord then offered his debtee a way to pay off the other ninety, stealing the Imperialis, a pleasure craft belonging to Galactic Emperor Sheev Palpatine. Toren only wanted the craft itself, and offered Calrissian and his crew its contents should they recover it. The smuggler agreed, and after gathering a crew for the heist, successfully stole the starship from Sienar Fleet Systems Orbital Shipyard CC-24 using stealth suits provided by Toren. When speaking to Calrissian, Papa Toren spoke through a number of small winged associates who he communicated with at a level inaudible to the smuggler.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Lando, Part I (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Lando, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Lando, Part III (Mentioned only)