- "I see rocks, Master Sidious."
- ―Darth Maul, to Darth Sidious
Tosste was a small planet, located within the Atravis sector of the Outer Rim Territories, in the Western Reaches. Tosste was a dead world made of wide flat lands of rocks. It was made up of a giant ocean at one point but then the landscape turned to rock.
- "Take a good look. We are standing upon what was once the bottom of an ocean. If it ever had a name, that name was lost to time many eons ago. Here, the only historic records are the geographic evidence. It's hard to believe that Tosste was once home to billions of lifeforms. While life on other worlds evolved and reached for the stars, Tosste's inhabitants were never so inspired. They stayed here. They died here. And what is their legacy? Nothing but fossils. To live without leaving a mark is a terrible thing. To die forgotten is even worse. It is... irresponsible."
- ―Darth Sidious, to Darth Maul
Tosste was once an inhabited world until all life forms disappeared.
It was on Tosste that a young Maul was introduced to The Force by his master Darth Sidious, who also demonstrated its offensive and destructive power, by flinging rocks at the young boy and telekinetically lifting two boulders and smashing them together.
The Tosste system was was under control of the Confederacy of Independent Systems at the end of the Clone Wars. The planet was the site of a battle of the Western Reaches Operation during the Imperial Reconquest of the Rim in 17 BBY. Imperial starfighters defeated Guun Cutlax and the Iska pirates.
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Restraint (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul (First mentioned)
- The Wrath of Darth Maul (Appears in flashback(s))