- "I know Toydarians. Nothing goes on under their watch without them knowing."
- ―Anakin Skywalker
Toydarians were a sentient, winged species from the planet Toydaria. In addition to their ability to fly, Toydarians were physically defined by their long snouts and webbed feet, and could resist mental manipulation from the Force. During the Clone Wars, the Toydarians were ruled by King Katuunko. The Toydarians were, for a time, neutral during the Clone Wars, before eventually siding with the Galactic Republic.
- "I'm a Toydarian! Mind tricks don't work on me, only money."
- ―Watto, to Qui-Gon Jinn
A humanoid species, Toydarians were fly-like, possessing wings, a snout, and webbed feet. Their wings allowed them to hover above the mud flats of their homeworld. They had blue and green skin tones with facial tusks beneath their trunk-like snouts. Toydarians were known to be strong-willed and resistant to mental manipulation with the Force.
Society and culture
- "Such despicable beings, the Toydarians."
- ―Roman Herbane
Able to hover over the mud flats of Toydaria, Toydarians made nests in the muck lake atmosphere of their homeworld, but built their palaces on mountain peaks. Toydarians gathered in clans, and Toydarian clan bells signified members of noble families. The species moved in flocks. During the era of the Clone Wars, the Toydarians were governed by a monarchy.
In 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Republic, intent on negotiating terms with the Toydarian government, led a mission to the moon of Rugosa under the supervision of Jedi Grand Master Yoda. However, upon arriving in the system, Yoda's cruiser was ambushed by two Separatist Munificent-class star frigates in an attempt made by the Dark Acolyte, Asajj Ventress, to force Yoda to flee the system and allow the Separatists to negotiate instead.
Despite her attempts, Yoda and three clone troopers managed to reach the surface, where they were forced to fight against Ventress's army of battle droids. After prolonged fighting between Yoda, the clones, and Ventress's droids, the Jedi Master reached the Sith assassin and the Toydarian king, whose execution was ordered by Separatist leader, Count Dooku, but was prevented by Yoda, which forced Ventress to flee Rugosa and allow the Republic to successfully negotiate Toydaria's alignment in the war.
Toydarians in the galaxy
During the Imperial Era, Walisi was a Toydarian merchant who ran Walisi's Elegant and Exotic Artifacts with his protocol droid RT-3PO. However, Walisi went on to be kidnapped by Wrecker, who himself was a Toydarian. Unlike Walisi, Wrecker was a mercenary leader, having been hired by the surviving Nightsister Jerserra to kidnap Walisi and steal the Tragic Hope, an artifact that contained the Nardithi Nightsisters' Nardithi Cluster, before the merchant could sell it.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "The Chase with Han/Escape with Chewbacca"
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Dealing with Lando/Han and Chewie Strike Back"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Mines of Graballa" (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Race on Tatooine"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Kyber Saber Crystal Chase"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Maker of Zoh"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Showdown on Hoth"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Duel of Destiny"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Free Fall"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (In flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Scouting for Leia/A Mission with Maz"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DLC)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Rolling with BB-8/Resistance on the Run"
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the early events of the Battle of Ryloth and the mission to Rodia to 22 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the pieces of media the other events are attached to according to , this event must also take place in 22 BBY.
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire