- "He has decided on a perilous course. To show our resolve by raiding a nearby Trade Federation outpost. His hope is that they'll think twice before challenging us again."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn, referring to Chewbacca's plan to attack the outpost
The Trade Federation outpost was constructed on the moon Alaris Prime between 39 BBY and 36 BBY to produce B1 battle droids for the Trade Federation Droid Army. It contained two buildings, a troop center and a power core, both surrounded by a light wall. The outpost was destroyed during a war for the moon by the Trade Federation's rivals, Wookiee colonists led by Chewbacca.
- "They're walled in. Attack the wall to bash your way through!"
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn to the Wookiees during the attack on the outpost
The Trade Federation outpost was built on the moon Alaris Prime in a small clearing near a river during the corporation's illegal attempt to colonize the world. The outpost was surrounded by trees on all sides apart from a short clear path to the south that ended at the river, which had to be crossed to access the base. The outpost consisted of a troop center in its middle, where B1 battle droids were manufactured, and a power core that generated energy to speed up the troop center's droid production. A light wall and a gate surrounded the outpost, and four sentry posts were built on the path to it to alert the Trade Federation of approaching enemies.
- "Be careful, they're still making battle droids. Destroy their troop center to shut them down for good!"
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn to the Wookiees
The outpost was constructed during the war between the Trade Federation and Alaris Prime's rightful Wookiee colonists, which occurred between the years 39 BBY and 36 BBY, to provide B1 battle droids for the Trade Federation Droid Army. It was commanded by the droid GWC-04 with a garrison of five battle droids. As part of the war, the Trade Federation attacked the Wookiee Chieftain Attichitcuk, and in response, his son, Chewbacca, planned to drive the company from the moon, choosing the outpost as his first target. In preparation for the attack, the Wookiees made a base to the south of the outpost, on the other side of the river.
When his scouts located the base, Chewbacca crossed the river with a strike force of twelve Wookiees, including bowcaster-wielding troopers, grenade troopers, and katarn-riding dragon troopers, and commenced the attack. Acting on the recommendation of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, an advisor to the Wookiees, the dragon and grenade troopers brought down the light walls first, as they were far weaker than the large gate. These troops then moved through the breach to destroy the troop center while the bowcaster troopers defeated the five battle droids defending the outpost. Chewbacca went on to destroy the Trade Federation's other bases to remove the company from Alaris Prime.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Trade Federation outpost was first referenced in Prima Games' 2001 strategy guide for the LucasArts video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, before appearing in the game itself in "Exploration and Transport," the fifth level of the Attichitcuk campaign. The objective of the level is to build an army of Wookiees to destroy the outpost. The location of the outpost is revealed on the mini-map from the very start, in order to aid the player while they grasp the game's mechanics; throughout the rest of the game, enemy bases must first be scouted before they appear on the map. The strategy guide states that a few battle droids await the player on the path to the base; however, these droids do not appear in the game.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The New Essential Chronology dates the Alaris Prime colonial war, during which the Trade Federation outpost was constructed and subsequently destroyed according to Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, between 39 BBY and 36 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide