Training droids also known as trainer droids, were a type of droid that were utilized to provide hands-on instruction. The Jedi Order used a class of training droid. The Marksman-H training remote was a type of training droid.
In 22 BBY, Bear Clan utilized Marksman-H training remotes to practice deflecting blaster fire. In 19 BBY, Caleb Dume, Sammo Quid, and Tai Uzuma underwent similar training in their Initiate Trials.
Following the end of the Clone Wars, the Bad Batch fought several armored training droids in a combat proficiency test that turned into a live-fire exercise in the Tipoca City Training Facility. After defeating the droids, Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin assigned them on a mission to hunt down the Onderonian partisan leader Saw Gerrera. At some point following Order 66, the Sith Lord Darth Vader encountered the Jedi Master Kirak Infil'a living on Al'doleem with the Jedi training droid Arex.
In 0 BBY, the former Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi still owned at least one Marksman-H training remote,[source?] which Luke Skywalker used onboard the Millennium Falcon. In 0 ABY, Skywalker continued his training with multiple remotes simultaneously, both during a mission to Temple of Eedit and shortly after the Assault on Cymoon.
Rise of the First Order
Behind the scenes
- Disciples of Harmony
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection
- "Anakin Skywalker" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Obi-Wan and Anakin 1
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Kanan 7
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch – "Aftermath"
- Darth Vader (2017) 3
- Darth Vader (2017) 19
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- Star Wars (2015) 4
- Star Wars (2015) 37
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes