Training lightsabers, also known as Youngling lightsabers or training blades, were training implements used for lightsaber practice. Training lightsabers of various kinds were most often used by Jedi younglings before they underwent the Gathering and built a weapon of their own. These range from very simple wooden swords to small lightsabers of limited power and thus limited danger.
It was also possible for normal lightsabers to be tuned down so they could be used in this fashion.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Kanan 7
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 25 (Vision to Darth Vader)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as training lightsaber)
- Star Wars Expert Guide (First identified as youngling lightsaber)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 72 (Helmets: Pilot/Training Helmet) (First identified as training blade)
- Rise of the Separatists
- Star Wars: The Lightsaber Collection