Trandosha, also known as Dosha or Hsskhor, was the homeworld of the warlike, reptilian Trandoshan species. It was located in the same star system as Kashyyyk, the home world of the Wookiees, causing bitter animosity between the two species.
The planet joined the Galactic Republic around 7000 BBY, but by the time of the Great Sith War, it had not integrated itself into the Republic as thoroughly as other planets. Around the time of the Jedi Civil War, the planet negotiated with the Czerka Corporation to gain slaving rights to Wookiees, beginning a millennia-long struggle between the Wookiees and the Trandoshans. After the Wookiees' revolted against the corporation, with the assistance of the Ebon Hawk crew, Czerka was forced to withdraw from Kashyyyk, eventually Trandosha and ultimately from the system altogether.
In the end of the New Sith Wars, it was the site of the Battle of Hsskhor, where the Trandoshans launched a surprise attack on both the Republic and the Sith when they retreated to their camps to rest.
In 23 BBY, a Wookiee vessel was attacked over a moon of Trandosha, resulting in a Wookiee blockade of Trandosha. Peace talks to resolve the issue were conducted 22 BBY and failed when it was revealed that the Trandoshans were pushing for Senatorial representation with Trade Federation backing.
Due to its position within the Kashyyyk system, Trandosha's only representation in the Galactic Senate was Yarua, a Wookiee. The two species had never seen eye to eye, and their relationship was, at best, lukewarm at the outbreak of the Clone Wars due to a number of factors.
Though never committed to the Separatist cause in a public forum, a number of independent Trandoshan organizations joined forces with the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. Pirate bands, slavers, and pro-Trandoshan terrorist groups participated in many Separatist actions, particularly those that took place on the Wookiee homeworld prior to the Battle of Kashyyyk. In truth many of these groups had indirect financial backing from Trandosha itself, as the planetary government was only too happy to direct its own attacks upon Wookiees from the shadows.
After Darth Krayt's Galactic Empire initiated a blockade of Kashyyyk, most of the system's commerce began to flow through Trandosha, giving the planet an economical boost. The Trandoshans used the influx of credits to upgrade their cities and technology and to buy new starships and weapons, becoming a significant military power in the galaxy.
- Knights of the Old Republic 15: Days of Fear, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (Mentioned only)
- Episode I Adventures 4: Jedi Emergency (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Adventures 4: Jango Fett vs. the Razor Eaters
- Star Wars Adventures 6: The Warlords of Balmorra
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned indirectly on poster only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk (First mentioned)
- The Long Arm of the Hutt (Mentioned only)
- The Mandalorian Armor (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Essential Atlas, p. 72
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook, p. 236
- ↑ The Mandalorian Armor
- ↑ Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- ↑ Legacy Era Campaign Guide