- "Always thinks he can handle Trandoshan ale. That stuff can take the finish off a landspeeder."
- ―Kanan Jarrus claims Skelly is a Wookiee who has drunk too much Trandoshan ale
Trandoshan ale was a type of ale. When the Jedi-in-hiding Kanan Jarrus needed to prevent a pair of Imperial stormtroopers from finding the demolitions expert Skelly during a conflict on the planet Gorse in 11 BBY, he hid him in the bathroom of the Asteroid Belt cantina and pretended he was a Wookiee who had drunk too much Trandoshan ale. Jarrus claimed the ale was strong enough to take the finish off of a landspeeder, and the retching sounds made by Skelly were enough to put the troopers off entering the bathroom.
Behind the scenesEdit
Trandoshan ale was first mentioned in A New Dawn a novel by John Jackson Miller released in 2014. The novel does not make clear if there is any connection between the ale and the Trandoshan species. It is also not clear if Jarrus' claims about the ale are accurate.
- A New Dawn (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 A New Dawn
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide states that Kanan and Hera met on Gorse six years prior to the events of Star Wars Rebels, referring to the events of A New Dawn. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas states that Rebels starts in the year 5 BBY and so using basic maths it can be concluded that the events of A New Dawn take place eleven years before the Battle of Yavin in 11 BBY.