Translator droids, also known as interpreter droids, were droids skilled in translating one language into another. Their function was usually performed by protocol droids. The RST Model Translator Droid and M-TD miniaturized translator droid were two types. Interpreter droids carried out errands within the New Republic Senate's Grand Convocation Chamber.
A translator droid was used aboard the Chimaera in 8 ABY to translate the Gand that C-3PO was using in order to convince the crew that the Regina Galas was just an ordinary vessel captained by a Gand.
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- "A Buyer's Guide to Alternative Starships" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 5 (as interpreter droid)
- Mos Eisley Adventure Set (as interpreter droid)
- "Alien Encounters" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 13
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook (as interpretation droid)
- Hideouts & Strongholds (as interpreter droid)
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 83 (MTD1-2, Em Teedee (MTD))
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
- Far Horizons
- Fly Casual