- "Obviously, we've got another bad transmitter"
- ―Pol Treidum
The term transmitter referred to any device used to relay data and information. Several specific types of transmitters included the crystal transmitter employed by Princess Danu, holo-transmitters that beamed transmissions using known communication frequencies, hyperwave transmitters designed to send ultra-fast messages through hyperspace, mini-transmitters used to communicate with others while altering a person's natural voice, and sub-space image transmitters that utilized subspace technology.
An array of transmitters was installed onto the Droid Control Ships used by the Trade Federation. These sent signals that remotely controlled battle droids deployed by the Trade Federation and Separatist Alliance.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan
- For Fun and Profit
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization
- Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace 4
- Star Wars Manga: The Phantom Menace 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- The Second Kessel Run
- Star Wars 3: Death Star!
- Under a Black Sun
- The Star Wars Holiday Special
- "Only Droids Serve the Maker"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- "You're in the Army Now!"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 2
- Star Wars 62: Pariah!
- Star Wars 63: The Mind Spider
- Star Wars 65: Golrath Never Forgets (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 83: Sweetheart Contract
- Riders of the Maelstrom
- Emissary of the Void
- "Vengeance Strike"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- "Traitor in our Midst"—The DarkStryder Campaign
- "Harm's Way"—The Kathol Rift
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Rebellion Era Sourcebook
- Secrets of Mos Eisley"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Galaxy at War