- "All slaves have a transmitter placed inside their bodies somewhere."
"I've been working on a scanner to try and locate mine, but no luck."
"Any attempt to escape…"
"And they blow you up. Poof!"
- ―Shmi and Anakin Skywalker
Transmitter chips were devices which could be planted within the bodies of slaves and set to detonate if too far removed from the slave's master. The human slave Anakin Skywalker and his mother, Shmi Skywalker, were implanted with a transmitter chip while he was owned by the Toydarian Watto.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First mentioned)
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as transmitter chip)
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded