- "Ben has a temple droid on the Grimtaash. They send out an automatic transponder signal when they're off on a mission, to find the ship if something goes wrong."
A transponder signal or transponder code was a type of signal that could be used to identify starships or for the purpose of tracking. Some smuggling ships, such as the Millennium Falcon, were capable of transmitting false transponder codes. The droids of Luke Skywalker's Jedi temple sent out automatic transponder signals when on missions, so that the vessel they were aboard could be found if an issue arose. Transponder signals could be utilized to unlock starships from the outside.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The High Republic: Light of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Rising
- Star Wars 50 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 53 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 1
- Star Wars 7 (Mentioned only)
- Bounty Hunters 9 (Mentioned only)
- Bounty Hunters 10 (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 10: The Passenger"
- The Rise of Kylo Ren 1
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 47 (Helmets: Ezra Bridger)
- YT-1300 Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Jango Fett's Slave I Expansion Pack (Card: )