Trasemene was an Outer Rim Territories celestial body located in the Phelleem sector. A part of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, in 19 BBY it saw a battle where the navy of the Galactic Empire defeated that of the Separatist holdout led by Toonbuck Toora. Trasemene also shared its name with the Siege of Trasemene.
Trasemene was an astronomical object located in the Trasemene system, a part of the Phelleem sector in the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. It was situated on the super-hyperroute known as the Triellus Trade Route, which connected it to the Handooine and Jabiim systems as well as the Sy Myrth system of the Jospro sector.
During the first campaigns of the Clone Wars in 22 BBY, Trasemene fell within space controlled by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, with the Twelfth Sector Army of the Galactic Republic being charged with engaging the Confederate forces in its vicinity. Three years later, after the end of the Clone Wars and the reorganization of the Republic into the Galactic Empire, Trasemene remained a part of the territory held by the Separatist holdout led by the Sy Myrthian Toonbuck Toora. That year, Toora's fleet was obliterated at Trasemene by a naval force of the Empire. Trasemene subsequently came to be situated within Imperial borders by 17 BBY.
Trasemene also shared its name with the Siege of Trasemene, which took place at some point between 19 BBY and 3 ABY. The celestial body remained outside the territory of the New Republic by 17 ABY.
Behind the scenes
Trasemene was first introduced as part of the name of the Siege of Trasemene in Galladinium's Fantastic Technology, a 1995 sourcebook authored by Rick D. Stuart for use with West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. In 2012, the reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare, authored by Jason Fry and Paul R. Urquhart, established Trasemene as a distinct astronomical object. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Trasemene system, and therefore the celestial body itself, in grid square S-7.
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (First mentioned) (In Siege of Trasemene's name)
- "Who's Who: Imperial Grand Admirals" – Star Wars Insider 66 (In Siege of Trasemene's name)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III ("Takel, Grand Admiral Miltin") (In Siege of Trasemene's name)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First described)
Notes and references
- Trasemene system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Trasemene system
- The Essential Guide to Warfare places Trasemene between the Jabiim and Sy Myrth systems on the hyperlane The Essential Atlas identifies as the Triellus Trade Route. The Essential Atlas also places the Handooine system on that same section of the hyperlane.
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 213 ("Takel, Grand Admiral Miltin")
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology, which is set before the events of Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, establishes that the Galactic Empire was involved in the Siege of Trasemene. Since The New Essential Chronology dates the formation of the Empire and the events of The Empire Strikes Back to 19 BBY and 3 ABY, respectively, the siege must have occurred at some point between those two dates.
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology